Another destination made touristy by a movie, James Bond Island (officially known as Khao Phing Kan) was featured in the James Bond movie, “The Man With the Golden Gun”. Similar to the Phi Phi Islands, there were a lot of inexpensive tours so I figured those would be the most crowded ones. So i had the same idea here but didn’t want to do another sunrise tour, so we opted for a sunset tour ($80, with a company called Seahorse Marine, which I do not recommend). It was nice because we got to have a nice, relaxing, non-rushed morning, and then start our tour. Here was our itinerary for the day:
- First stop is Panak Island, where we canoed through caves
- After that, we had lunch at Panyee Island, a village built on stilts.
- Following lunch was the main attraction – James Bond Island. There weren’t as many tourists at this time of day, but our time there was very short and we felt rushed
- Afterwards, we discovered Ice Cream cave, named for its ice cream-looking structures
- Finally, we watched the sunset from Naka Island